Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Hey, Steelhead, let me catch you.

Two weekends ago, I went steelheading over in Idaho with Matt Breuer and LG. For the past two weeks, I have been trying to muster up some grand post about how going fish-less (whitefish don't count, this isn't baseball) over the course of two, windy, cold, and rainy days was the cat's meow. It wasn't. It was like self-flagellation in the church of the Clearwater. Eventually, it started to feel kind of good. So, instead of more words, I will sum it up in FISH JERKS style.

What I thought my first steelheading trip would look like - that's how it works. First trip, big wild buck. Amirite?



What my trip actually looked like. Empty handed. For reference, BWO.

I'd do it again.


9 comments:

Mike Sepelak said...

Perfectly done. Every fishing trip can't be epic. It's how you deal with the less than stellar ones that define you as an angler. It's clear to me that you've got the right stuff.

Amanda said...

My last two trips have been skunks...drove over an hour to both places too. UGH! Kind of glad to know I'm not the only one. :)

Dave said...

i think every steelhead trip will be like the first picture. i haven't landed a steelhead in years, 2006 to be exact.

argosgirl said...

I hate to say it, but I'm glad I'm not the only getting skunked these days. Had a beautiful weekend on the ice...and didn't get a single bite. Why can't all fishing trips look like your first picture? :)

Anonymous said...

Your very artistic. I'ma need to consign you after we get back from the Mo' BWO!

Gary Thompson said...

Less fish, mo casts. The later helps you appreciate the former. From time to time the stars align. Count those days as blessings.

cofisher said...

I'd be counting whitefish if that's all I caught...and lie if I didn't catch a thing.

Fishj∃rks said...

Glad my crappy art has inspired you.

Sanders said...

Well...From what I understand, you just described steelheading perfectly...can't wait to try it myself.

Post a Comment

ygf sponsors

ygf videos

MOST RECENT YGF VIDEO THE CLASSIC

Silver and Gold from Yukon Goes Fishing on Vimeo.

for more YGF videos

blogroll