Tuesday, March 6, 2012

The Leprechaun and the Yeti

Some fishing partners are tall. Some are short. Anthony of False Casts and Flat Tires is the Leprechaun. I, apparently, am the Yeti. A couple of days of fly fishing on the Bitterroot. We got into some solid rainbows and browns, but nothing too extraordinary. Things are heating up, but we could have said that about the entire winter. Although, it is good to have some dry fly fishing on the horizon.

Some guest appearances from Alec of Fly Fishing Life and Cody of Oakfish in the beginning and end of the video.

Music:
Wu-Tang Clan vs. The Beatles "City High (Instrumental)"

The Leprechaun and the Yeti from Yukon Goes Fishing on Vimeo.



I went a little crazy on the effects this time. Messed with the saturation and the shadows/highlights. Let me know what you think of the effects.

18 comments:

e.m.b. said...

Dry flies...sigh. My heart is filled with longing. :) Totally dug the saturation "messing" and the music was perfect.

Anonymous said...

loved the fishing.......didnt dig the "messing" ilikea little color.

Mike Sepelak said...

Two thumbs up!

COD said...

I like the messing

SHAWN BICHSEL said...

Most Awesome!

Anonymous said...

Sweet vid!

Jay said...

Great video as always.

Unknown said...

very nice.... so, did you spring the dough for the flat lens housing? It looks sweet and a the lack of fish eye gives it a different feel. I really like the saturation alteration. though, in a couple scenes, the halo/shadow makes it almost look like a green screen. great music. I've thought about the flat lens housing for a while now... I might wait longer. I need to see what else I can do with the fish eye.

great stuff, once again :)

Anonymous said...

release at about 2:10 looks awesome with the tweaks, kind of old school underwater look to it

Nick said...

More good stuff bud. I like the tweaking. Can't go wrong with doing something different, unless it doesn't work.

Unknown said...

50's-60's vibe to the music matched well with your HDR / fade filtering to give this piece a cool hipster jive. Me likey~ mike

Pecheur.info said...

Great !
I'd like to post this video on our french blog.
But I have a question : is trout fishing allowed all year on the Bitterroot ?

Anonymous said...

That is a great video. Nice job

DarkoV said...

Love your inventiveness & creativity. At some point, a little huck 'n jive would also have been appropriate. What the heck's going to happen when you get semi-pro gear? Video gear, I mean.

Alec said...

Great Vid Ivan. Look forward to fishing again soon!

Fontinalis Rising said...

Ivan- dang, can I fish with you? Great work here. Keep pinching yourself, you are awake. You get better with each iteration.

hawkbird said...

bwilliant bwo.

Brian J. said...

My favorite part:

brown trout realease. scratch. rewind. let's do it again.

great video, and some awesome rainbows

Post a Comment

ygf sponsors

ygf videos

MOST RECENT YGF VIDEO THE CLASSIC

Silver and Gold from Yukon Goes Fishing on Vimeo.

for more YGF videos

blogroll