Tuesday, September 20, 2011

September Rock

I spent a day up on Rock Creek this weekend. I was in search of another species, but all I got into was Rock Creek browns. While, that species wasn't interested in being internet famous, some typical Rock Creek specimens were. The day started with a solid with a 17-18" brown, which is a veritable brown trout trophy on the Rock. It was cloudy all day and streamers seemed to be the ticket. Later in the day, some fish started to rise and I was able to use some the flies that I won from a recent contest on Fly Water's Edge. Kevin sent me a tin of good looking foam damsel flies, hoppers, beetles, and ants. I strung up a hopper with an ant dropper and the ant did the majority of the work. Check out Fly Water's Edge for Kevin's recent trip to the Driftless Region. Enjoy the video.
September Rock from Yukon Goes Fishing on Vimeo.

I have been sitting on this footage for a while. My parents came out to Montana last month and I just got around to putting together the footage. If you are looking for fly fishing video, this isn't for you. But, if you want to see some of the beauty that Glacier National Park has to offer then this one's for you. Enjoy.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice video. probably not advisable to target listed endangered species however, or to state your intention to do so on a public forum. enforcement is admittedly lax, but doesn't mean we as anglers don't have a duty not to pursue them. this is not an attempt at judgment or standing on a soapbox, just a gentle reminder that maybe it worth just letting those bull trout be. interesting video, keep up the good work.

Ivan said...

valid point Anonymous. I don't think I can ever actively target bull trout on rock creek. If I were to see a bull trout, I wouldn't actively fish for it. As it is, all I do is throw streamers into likely holding spots for fish. As they demonstrated on Sunday, apparently I know where brown trout hold and not bull trout. I certainly understand you point and will take it into consideration. I appreciate the feedback. Thanks for stopping by.

Anonymous said...

Sir, Appreciate your Parents' Video, although I thought there was too much concentration on the balding pate of the father figure (Be forewarned! You have the same genes! So...grow your hair now while you can and leave the buzz-cuts to old-timers with thinning follicles). Hard to believe you can put a week in Montana into 8 minutes 54 seconds...

THE RIVER DAMSEL said...

Another great vid of some gorgeous browns. And now you have made your parents video stars...very nice. Looks like a great time in Glacier...I've got to get up there someday!

Bob Diefenbacher said...

Makes me want to move immediately, especially the second video.

Brian J. said...

Who knew the black keys were so palatable when paired with bacon and eggs?

Glacier looks amazing

Fly Waters Edge - Kevin said...

Ivan
Thanks for the plug! Figures that my flies would fish Montana before I would. Second video second song, Who's the band? I like that one a lot. Again thanks for the plug, need to send you some little brown beetles.... Trade maybe?
Great stuff as always keep em coming!!

Ivan said...

@Anon/Father - glad you enjoyed it. the genes related to hair loss come from the mother's side. So, I will have hair. It has been decided by Lord Follicle himself.

Ivan said...

Bob - glad you enjoyed the videos. Glacier is a whole lot of awesome.

Ivan said...

@ RD - the fishing around glacier leaves a lot to be desired, especially when compared to yellowstone, but it is certainly worth your time.

Ivan said...

@Brian J - of course they are great together. The Black Keys are like the bacon of music. They sound delicious.

Ivan said...

@Kevin - Of course man. Thanks for holding the contest. The second song from the second video is The Black Keys. Song name - Oceans and Streams. Check out any of their albums. I really like their most recent one, "Brothers."

Post a Comment

ygf sponsors

ygf videos

MOST RECENT YGF VIDEO THE CLASSIC

Silver and Gold from Yukon Goes Fishing on Vimeo.

for more YGF videos

blogroll