Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Favorite Hats. What About You Favorite Fishing Shirt?

There are a lot of quality, breathable, quick-drying fishing shirts on the market. When it comes to my favorite fishing shirt, I completely disregard all of those desirable qualities and opt for irony.

I opt for my embroidered Rainbow Trout Deerskin Soft Chamois All-Season Weight Cabela's long-sleeve shirt. A gift from my father when I first got into fly fishing, it sat in my closet for a couple of years. But, when I discovered the joy of carping this summer, I figured what better time to wear a thick, warm, and rainbow trout-ed long sleeve shirt when on the warm water flats chasing common carp. It has served me well and has brought me some of my larger carp this summer. Sometimes the least comfortable fishing shirts are the best.

Favorite Carping Shirt - photo courtesy of SchnitzerPHOTO


3 comments:

schnitzerPHOTO said...

I can attest to the fact that when the above photograph was taken, it was nearly 100F. I was tip-toeing on the edge of consciousness, and I had no more sweat to give. Yet, YGF abides, even thrives, in his winter drinking shirt.

Mike Sepelak said...

I have fishing friends who probably believe that I only own one shirt - a sage REI Safari long-sleeved quick-dry. I've been on the water a couple hundred times the past three years and I'd wager I've worn it all but a handful of times (along, of course, with their companion Columbia zip-off pants). I have other shirts, but they pretty much stay in the closet, waiting their turn.

Jennifer said...

I love the shirt. It is cool in this hot and humid climate. The one fault I have discovered is the breast pockets are too large and are always billowed out. Other than this the shirt is great.
Hook & Tackle 1013L

Post a Comment

ygf sponsors

ygf videos

MOST RECENT YGF VIDEO THE CLASSIC

Silver and Gold from Yukon Goes Fishing on Vimeo.

for more YGF videos

blogroll