Tuesday, December 4, 2012

The Egg Timer Timelapse

The High Tech Panning GoPro Set-up
One element of my most recent video that I enjoyed producing the most was the panning timelapse sequence. That was achieved by attaching the GoPro to the top of an Ikea Ordning egg timer. I discovered this "technique" this summer on the internets and the Youtubes.


Of course, there are several tutorials describing the same basic concept that use different egg timers. However, there is more "mechanical" work required when you use a standard egg timer. What stood out to me was how easy the "construction" was when using the Ikea Ordning timer. The only hitch is that the Ordning timer was not available online and could only be purchased at an Ikea.

Problem - There is no Ikea in Montana

Solution - Move to a place that has an Ikea...like Denver.

6 comments:

Steve Zakur said...

Nice trick! I gotta get down to IKEA this weekend.

Fly fishing said...

Nice video..I wonder it is camera or something else..I am a bit confused..

Unknown said...

very cool. I noticed that in your last vid. I went ahead and made a handy device for myself too, unfortunately, the computer I use to do video burnt out the hard drive, so I'm not sure when I'll be back in action. I'll have to check out a few more of those mounting tricks. Thanks for sharing!

Ivan said...

@Steve - Let me know how it turns out for you.

Ivan said...

@D.Nash - That is truly unfortunate news. Keep filming and I look forward to your triumphant return.

Unknown said...

20160514meiqing
omega watches
michael kors outlet
ralph lauren outlet
burberry outlet online
skechers shoes
coach outlet
ghd hair straighteners
nike air max
yeezy boost 350 balck
michael kors handbags
coach factory outlet
sac longchamp
polo outlet
adidas supercolor
ray-ban sunglasses
nike roshe run women
yeezy boost 350
reebok pump
louboutin pas cher
longchamp outlet
hermes uk
adidas superstar
coach purses
kate spade outlet
true religion outlet
asics shoes
hollister outlet
toms outlet
converse trainers
dior sunglasses
reebok uk
polo outlet
adidas nmd
adidas nmd
yeezy boost 350
coach outlet store online
fake oakleys outlet
adidas nmd white

Post a Comment

ygf sponsors

ygf videos

MOST RECENT YGF VIDEO THE CLASSIC

Silver and Gold from Yukon Goes Fishing on Vimeo.

for more YGF videos

blogroll