Thursday, September 13, 2012

Old Habits Die Hard

There is a sect of fly fishers who love them some trucker hats. Emblazoned with fly fishing company's and fly shop's logos, you'll see mesh backed trucker hats on a seemingly growing population of fisher people. I am not a fan. In a moment of weakness, I tried to fit in a few years back and wore a navy and white trucker hat. I didn't like it. I hate the harshly curved bill, breathability, and lack of Phillies logo offered by the trucker hat. Sure, it works for other people. I am not one to judge other people's fly fishing fashion choices.

But, I have a fitted baseball hat problem. I can't get away from them. I love baseball. I love the Philadelphia Phillies. I love fitted Phillies hats. Most of all, I love lamp. For whatever life occasion presents itself, I wear fitted Philadelphia Phillies hats. While I was back home for a friend's wedding, I came across these pictures from my "uwe-ff." Old habits die hard.
  
Then

Now
 


12 comments:

Unknown said...

Ha! My guess is that is the very same hat thru all those years- amirite?! ;-). Mike

@ennisak said...

so sad to see young children led astray. message me your address and i'll get one of these in the mail to you asap.

http://shop.mlb.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12256338&cp=1452359.1452831.706415


i too have a fitted hat problem (more collection now than wearing), but i ain't scared to rock the trucker hat either, and do quite often.

Sanders said...

Why mess with a good thing...Cheers

Unknown said...

Nice post. I can't relate at all, but I'm rooting for whatever makes you most comfortable!

Arizona Wanderings said...

Awesome. That hat is legendary.

Ben

jballa34 said...

I LOVE LAMP!!!

Gotta love it.

Fontinalis Rising said...

I'm not a big sports fan, but I have this growing collection of fishing related logo hats I'm pleased with. My current favorite is a black number with a simple fish logo from Graywolf. Classic.

schnitzerPHOTO said...

Awesome.

Jared said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jared said...

I can support this. I constantly get in trouble for wearing my Phils cap to work.....and I work in a shop in Philly! The only bummer is that if a fitted gets rained on just once, its already lost its structure. I will always fish in my fitteds though...Glad I'm not the only one.

*grammar edit

DarkoV said...

So....It's out. You get your good lucks from your mother, the Delaware Gypsy...Uhmmmm...I mean Delaware Romani (PC version).

DarkoV said...

Erghhhh....that's "good LOOKS'. ....the luck, or lack of it, that you get from your dad, except, of course, when it comes to him meeting your mom.

Post a Comment

ygf sponsors

ygf videos

MOST RECENT YGF VIDEO THE CLASSIC

Silver and Gold from Yukon Goes Fishing on Vimeo.

for more YGF videos

blogroll