Monday, July 16, 2012

Changes

Changes - a dangerous and potentially terrifying title for a post after an unexpected month long hiatus from the YGF blog. But, they are afoot. Not major changes to the blog...other than the fact I am back.

Changes - Banana Box to Big Red Bin
These changes are related to my FFESS...or fly fishing equipment storage system. For the past year or so, I have willingly stuffed my waders, boots, rods, reels, tippet, nippers, and related fishing accessories into a Del Monte banana box I got from Costco for "free." The gear overflowed. But, I took great pride in the banana box's ability to store very little, but carry a great deal. The banana box was perfect. It had character and was easily replaceable, but also surprisingly durable. It made for a great storage system going to and from the water, but it was a bit of an eyesore at home. So, the girlfriend replaced my banana box with a big, red tupperware box. It holds everything in a neat, clean package. There is ample room for all of my gear. My gear doesn't overflow or fall out of the big red bin. Most importantly, it is no longer an eyesore at home.

I miss my Del Monte banana box.

14 comments:

The Cajun said...

A moment of silence for the Del Monte "gear box"...

I understand ur pain, a few years ago I finally had to retire (throw away) my old "Outdoor Products" duffel bag from WalMart that served as a Wader bag, boat bag, and tackle bag, all in one! It was past disgusting and the smell was epic.

Raymond said...

Love the tupperware/rubbermaid boxes.

e.m.b. said...

Funny, I got a "Cuties" orange box years ago from Costco...also for "free." I'm also curiously attached to it...I feel your pain.

R.I.P, Del Monte Banana Box.

Gary said...

Holy shit - just imagine how many fish you'll catch now! http://mysticwaters.com/blog/2011/03/27/no-bananas%E2%80%A6seriously/

cofisher said...

Pour a sip for the banana box...

Jay said...

The banana box definitely had more character. So sad.

Steve Zakur said...

I suppose it it a reasonable compromise to be made in the service of domestic harmony.

ThisIsArAinBOW said...

yeah im down with the nanna box.

Sanders said...

It's hard to say goodbye to good gear...especially when asked.

to new beginnings...cheers

Fly Waters Edge - Kevin said...

Chicks just don't understand the attachment that guys can develope for their stuff. Your favorite T-shit,Beer Cap collection,Old Sneakers, spongebob boxers... Del Monte banana Gear box. Sniff! Sniff! Farewell my good friend farwell!

Fontinalis Rising said...

Embrace the new. Life is about change. Your new box will take on a character of its own, and it will wax special with each scar you give it. We look forward to more great videos.

thisisarAinBOW said...

So you havnt caught a fish in the month of July? cmon man, if ur not making vids thats one thing but i sure as hell hope your doing SOME fishing.

Red Boat Mark said...

Girls mess everything up. Nuff said...

Ivan said...

Thanks for all of your support through these trying times. I am pushing through to the other side. I rather like the giant red box.

Post a Comment

ygf sponsors

ygf videos

MOST RECENT YGF VIDEO THE CLASSIC

Silver and Gold from Yukon Goes Fishing on Vimeo.

for more YGF videos

blogroll