Friday, June 3, 2011

BOOM GOES THE BROWNOMITE

This past Tuesday, I headed down to Dillon to fish the Beaverhead with Joe/Jergens/Joey Dubs from Evolution Anglers. It was a great day on the water and a solid day of fishing. The Beaverhead, a tailwater, is seemingly the only low flowing river in Montana at this time. The water managers were only letting out about 400 cfs of water when we fished it on Tuesday. I have only fished the Beav at double that flow, so I was a little odd to have the low flows, but I quickly got over that fact when I realized how much wade fishing was possible. The largest fish we managed was an 18-19" brown trout, not nearly the size of fish that Joe managed throughout the week. Blame it on the cloudiness in the water downstream of the High Bridge. Blame it on late hooksets and poor nymph placement by myself. Whatever you do, don't blame it on Joe, a great fisherman and guide at the Stonefly Inn. I hope to do it again sometime this summer. It was a good day. Enjoy the video with an ode to the Boom Goes the Dynamite Guy.

YGF X Evolution Anglers: BOOM GOES THE BROWNOMITE from Yukon Goes Fishing on Vimeo.

6 comments:

e.m.b. said...

That's some sweet, sweet footage there! And awesome job putting it all together. Right now, I'm going to press "play" again. :)

Sanders said...

Well done as always! Looks like you guys had some fun :-)

Brian J. said...

Nice -- that looks like a sweet river... and I always dig the videos: They are distinctly good.

Travis said...

Yes. Awesome video, looks like a rough trip. And sweet song

Michael Agneta said...

Passes to the man...and...boom goes the dynamite... Never gets old.

Neither do your videos. Great stuff.

Ivan said...

thanks all. all of your compliments have me blushing. cheers.

Post a Comment

ygf sponsors

ygf videos

MOST RECENT YGF VIDEO THE CLASSIC

Silver and Gold from Yukon Goes Fishing on Vimeo.

for more YGF videos

blogroll