Sunday, December 12, 2010

december trout

Goal #2 has been completed. I went fishing on Rock Creek this Saturday to try to catch a december fish. Fully expecting it to be a whitefish, I was pleased to catch a small brown trout on a dead drifted streamer as the day began to warm up. I only caught two fish - both trout - one brown and one westslope cutthroat. I nymphed the entire day. Mostly with eggs, dead-drifted streamers, midges, black stoneflies, and brassies. While I had to work for the brown, it seemed as though the westie was waiting to be fished to. The moment my thing-a-ma-bobber hit the water, the cuttie slashed towards the surface. Confused, I cast my stonefly-brassie combo back into the same water. The cuttie took the black stonefly nymph with vigor. Enjoy the video. Watch in HD on vimeo.





december trout from Ivan Orsic on Vimeo.

6 comments:

THE RIVER DAMSEL said...

Fun stuff! My favorite trout is the brown...

Ivan said...

thanks river damsel. i am a big fan of browns and bulls.

Travis said...

cool video man, I like the underwater release shot!

Ivan said...

glad you enjoyed the video travis. the waterproof case for the flipHD is clutch for those underwater shots.

azwanderings said...

Yukon,

Love the site. I look forward to perusing your archives. Thanks for stopping by.

Ben

Ivan said...

thanks ben. i really enjoy reading about your romps around AZ. thanks for the add and i am glad you are enjoying my site.

cheers.

ivan

Post a Comment

ygf sponsors

ygf videos

MOST RECENT YGF VIDEO THE CLASSIC

Silver and Gold from Yukon Goes Fishing on Vimeo.

for more YGF videos

blogroll